Tuesday, February 20, 2007

BEE! OH! BEE!

One of my favourite classes has got to be the day we got the wonderous smartboard. It is one of my favourite classes because it was filled with such excitement and fun as we explored the many wonders of the smartboard.
My progress in the class has been okay, so far...could be better but it's all right for now. It's probably because of that surprise quiz that we got...kind of caught me off guard...I guess it caught everyone off guard...and it was one of the rare times that I froze and blanked out!!! It sucks because by the time I figured how to do the first question..time was up! I guess I just need to learn how to relax and not be so tense before a test/quiz.
Something that I learned that I thought was "cool" is the way the unit circle is set up. It's quite amusing...I was just in awe when we first learned how to decipher where the angles lie and what coordinates they
had.
Something I didn't quite get before was graphing equations and figuring out how to write equations for graphs...it is still quite difficult for me but I understand how to do it..it's because I'm quite slow at it and I guess my brain doesn't work as fast as a lot of the other students in the class.
I have not yet encountered something we learned in class with the real world yet or in another class.
Radians and degrees are both similar in a few ways. For one thing, they are both used to give the magnitude of an angle. They can both be applied to the unit circle. Another thing is they can both be given in a positive or negative value. Although, there are similarities to both radians and degrees there are also some differences they both contain.

Radians can be written with pi whereas degrees are written with a degrees symbol. Radians are easier to work with in the unit circle, in my opinion because fractions are used whereas in degrees a multiple of some degree is continually added on. Another difference I found between radians and degrees is that I only know of radians being used for the unit circle whereas degrees can be used in temperature.

Also, good luck to everyone on writing the test!

No comments: