Monday, February 19, 2007

BOB

Circular Functions, our first unit in 40s. There was a lot to remember and Mr. K was right, we really do dance in grade 12 mathematics. There was the clock dance. There was also a mnemonic to remember the coordinates for a circle, which was 1, 2, 3. The math dictionary comes in handy when I'm stuck on a problem.
This unit wasn't easy. I had a lot of difficulty grasping it. I still have trouble, but i find that i have more trouble with things dealing with the period, graphing the equation without the aid of a calculator, and generating an equation from the graph. I often get mixed up with what to graph first and how the equation would work with the graph that was given. If I accidentally missed something on the graph, its completely wrong and if i add something that wasn't supposed to be there in the equation, that also makes everything else completely wrong.
I am very comfortable with converting radians to degrees or degrees to radians. I like to deal with circular function problems that are similar to algebra. I am comfortable with finding the area of a sector or finding a missing arc length.
I hope everyone studies hard for the test that's on this Wednesday. Good luck!

-SAMUS

No comments: